Getting to Lift13
Lift takes place in the heart of Geneva at the Centre International de Conférence de Genève (CICG, 17 rue de Varembé, CH-1211 Genève 2) right next to numerous United Nations agencies.
Check out our tailor-made google map to guide you through the city
Getting to Lift13:
From the airport: Geneva airport is known as "Genève Cointrin". By bus, it's only 10-15mins to CICG.
- Bus n°5 to "Hôpital": stop at "Vermont"
From the train station: Geneva's main train station is known as "Gare Cornavin". By bus or tram, it's only 10-15mins to CICG.
- Bus n°5 to "Aéroport": stop at "Vermont"
- Tram n°15 to "Nations": last stop at "Nations"
Most hotels in Geneva will provide a free public transport pass. Trams, trains and buses are very reliable. To find out how to get anywhere by public transport, visit the Transport Public Genevois website.
If you are a 3-day ticket holder, we recommend arriving on Tuesday Evening (5 Feb) and leaving on Saturday (9 Feb). This way you make the best of your Lift experience and maximize networking opportunities. We hope you will take part in the following activities:
- Pre-conference drinks: if you'd like to meet-up for pre-conference drinks, we can recommend the Scandale.
- Legendary fondue: on Wednesday night we are hosting 300+ Lifters for a giant fondue at Théatre Pitoëff (rue de Carouge 52, 1205 Geneva). If you haven't booked your place, we hold a limited number of tickets to the fondue, just ask at the Information Desk.
- Kids Minecraft Masterclass: If you are local to Geneva, bring you kids to Lift13 on Wednesday 6 Feb. 9 year old Ethan and 11 year old Chris are hosting a Minecraft Masterclass!
- Lift closing party: on Friday night, get down to Palais Mascotte (rue de Berne 43, 1201 Geneva) for a night to remember!
And if that's not enough, check out our tailor-made google map to guide you through the city and download our program in pdf.
Sharing information and connecting people is a precious part of Lift13, that's why we all go to conferences right?
Once you arrive at Lift13, get hold of the wifi logins at the information desk and connect with fellow participants through your favourite social media platform:
You can also browse through our list of participants.
We are livestreaming all conferences!
Switzerland is renowned for its hospitality industry and hotels in Geneva are no exception. Here are a few good pointers:
For central accommodation, you may want to try the following (although please understand that this is not an endorsement):
5-star: Hôtel Intercontinental (5mins walk from CICG), La Réserve (a bit out of the way but the spa makes it worth it), Four Season Hôtel des Bergues (central and luxurious), Grand Hôtel Kempinski (central with great views over the lake).
4-star: Warwick Hotel, Hôtel Tiffany, Hôtel Novotel, Royal Hotel (Manotel)
3-star: Hotel Mon Repos, Hotel Cristal, Hotel Eden, Hotel Strasbourg, Hotel Kipling (Manotel)
Budget: Geneva Youth Hostel, City Hostel Geneva
Outside of Geneva:
If you're struggling to find accommodation in central Geneva, try the Best Western in Chavannes-de-Bogis. It has special rates for Lifters and a shuttle service to/from the Airport and CICG. Use this promotion code when booking: LIFT13.
- Most conference speeches are delivered in English with some speakers presenting in French. Live translation is provided in both English and French.
- Geneva weather in February is usually pretty cold but sunny.
- Local currency is the Swiss Franc (CHF) but many shops and restaurants take euros.