October 31, 2015 - Lift India Conference - National Gallery of Modern Art
9:30 - Doors open!
- Come in, have some tea/coffee and meet your fellow lifters
More than a trend, the storage and use of (big) data has passed a tipping point and starts to show its benefits to human kind but also its limits. What kind of data do we really have access to and what can we expect to do with them?
12:00 - Networking Lunch
As you eat some tasty and freshly prepared food, enjoy the opportunity to talk with other participants and share what you have experienced so far at Lift India. After your meal, have a look at our Interactive Design Exhibition featuring projects from the international initiative Data Canvas: Sense Your City.
13:30 - Early Afternoon Breakouts
- Swiss Innovation: what successful cross-border innovation requires - talks and panel by Balz Strasser, Ajay Ramasubramaniam, Prateek Khare, pitch by a selection of great Swiss startups including: Davide Merulla (Nanolive), Anubhav Ratha and Karl Njálsson (Shared Electric), Adam Varkalis (Fotokite) and Taha Bawa (Goodwall)
- Biomimicry: finding inspiration in nature to identify sustainable solutions to human challenges - workshop by Prashant Dhawan and Seema Anand, Biomimicry India
- Life Science Innovation in India - masterclass by Kavitha Iyer (Theramyt Novobiologics), pitch by a selection of great Indian startups including: String Bio, Indio Labs, Shilps Sciences and Coeo Labs
- From Geneva to San Francisco and Bangalore: the story behind Data Canvas: Sense Your City - short presentation and guided tour of the exhibition by Johann Recordon (Lift), talk by Raphaël Munoz (Aprobado Studio)
15:00 - Networking Break
Power up with a well-deserved tea and coffee break while getting to know your fellow participants better.
15:30 - Late Afternoon Breakouts
- Closing speech by Greg Bernarda, co-author of Value Proposition Design
- Personal recap of the day by Anandi Iyer, Editorial Board member of Lift India
- Wrap up of the day, highlights and lessons learned by Abir Oreibi
October 30, 2015 - Swiss Innovation Night
Mövenpick Hotel & Spa Bangalore - 18:30-22:30
To celebrate the Year of Swiss Innovation in India, business communities and entrepreneurs from India & Switzerland will gather to discover the best technologies coming out of Swiss labs. The event will bring together creators and projects from various fields, leveraging the diversity and richness of the country's expertise.
- Introduction to the evening by Abir Oreibi & Balz Strasser
- Welcome speech addressed by His Excellency Dr. Linus von Castelmur, Ambassador of Switzerland to India & Bhutan
- Presentation of the Swiss startups by Johann Recordon
- Pitch by Swiss startups featuring:
- Nanolive, non-invasive 3D visualisation of cells
- Bestmile, automotive of the future
- émoi, interaction design and gustatory explorations
- Shared Electric, affordable energy monitoring and participative energy
- Goodwall, career coaching platform for youngsters
- Fotokite, aerial photography with quadcopters
- Networking cocktail featuring traditional Swiss dishes and a demonstration of the augmented reality project CityCells, in the presence of one of its designer, Raphaël Munoz from Aprobado Studio.
October 27-31, 2015 - Lift Interactive Design Exhibition - Data Canvas: Sense Your City
Can we measure and understand the quality of life of our cities? Join us and discover answers with different interpretations through a selection of 8 projects from artist from all over the world. In addition, you will be able to discover amazing pieces from Swiss and Indian interaction designers, Soraia Binzagr & Rasagy Sharma, as well as the results of the summer workshop held at SUPSI.
Opening Ceremony, National Gallery of Modern Art, Bangalore - Tuesday October 27, 18:00-20:00
The exhibition will continue from October 27 to October 31, everyday from 10:00 to 17:00.
Download the official brochure of the exhibition and discover all the selected projects.