Practical Info | Lift Basel 2014
The final version of our program is now available in PDF!
Getting to Lift Basel 14
Getting to Lift Basel 14:
From the airport: Basel airport is known as "Euroairport Basel-Mulhouse-Freibourg". By bus, it's only 10-15mins to Basel Main Station.
From the train station: Basel's main train station is known as "Basel SBB". By tram, it's only 5 mins to Markthalle.
- Tram n°1 to "Basel Dreirosenbrücke": stop "Markthalle"
- Tram n°8 to "Basel Neuweilerstrasse": stop "Markthalle"
Useful tips: when you stay in a hotel or a youth hostel, you receive a free public transport card. Trams, trains and buses are very reliable. To find out how to get anywhere by public transport, visit the Basler Public Transport website. You can buy your public transport ticket at any tram / bus stop.
To go further afield (Zürich, Luzern, Geneva, etc...), check out the Swiss Railways train schedules.
Sharing information and connecting people is a precious part of Lift15, that's why we all go to conferences right?
Help us spread the word!
Here are banners you can use:
Getting Around and About: Lift Suggestions
For those of you who would like to have dinner close to Markthalle, we recommend you the Brasserie au Violon or the Restaurant Kunsthalle. In case you feel like taking a little stroll, cross the Rhine and discover Klein Basel, where we suggest you to stop by the brasserie Volkshaus designed by the famous Basler Architects Herzog & de Meuron. Wrap up the night with a little drink at the Café des Arts in Gross Basel.
Switzerland is renowned for its hospitality industry and hotels in Basel are no exception. Here are a few good pointers:
- Basel Tourist Board has a quick booking facility with special offers.
- Tripadvisor will give you a good range of options.
For accommodation near Markthalle, you may want to try the following (although please understand that this is not an endorsement):
- Most conference speeches are delivered in English with some speakers presenting in German. Live translation is provided in both English and German.
- Basel weather in November is usually pretty cold but sunny.
- Local currency is the Swiss Franc (CHF) but many shops and restaurants take euros